Ads 468x60px

Saturday 31 December 2011

Best of 2011

As the year comes to an end, I bid adieu without regrets (even though the list of 2011 Resolutions still remains outstanding!) All I can do now is reminisce about the unexpected, yet joyful year 2011 turned out to be. :-) To start a blog is one thing (I've done that before) but to be committed to it without getting bored is something really new for me! I think this is what inspired action is all about! And it may sound clichéd, but it is you, the reader, who has kept me going on. I sincerely hope that I learn more and more and work towards making the blog more helpful and true to its name:- entertaining. :-)

It is really difficult deciding your best works when you consider each and every dish to be your baby! :-) I ain't a novice when it comes to cooking, but I am also very proud of each and every thing I've ever cooked (which comes to about 160 dishes based on the number of blog posts!) Yet, with a lot of difficulty, I managed to shortlist 10 of the dishes which I consider to be my best works.

1. Black Forest Cake -This is the very first cake I baked and it remains to be one of the best too. And it was a welcoming present for the foodie brother without whom this blog would not be what it is. :-)
 
2. Vanilla Ice Cream - To make an ice cream with the simplest ingredients available & for it to turn out like any branded ice cream definitely comes in the Top 10! :-)
 3. Chocolate cake with fudge frosting - A cake I baked for my 21st birthday! :-) The first time I ventured into making chocolate decorations - that too without having a clue about what tempering is!
4. Yelai Vadaam | Steamed Rice Pancakes - A herculean task in itself, Yelai Vadaam pushed me to the limit! Although, it was my mom who stood with me helping out at each step, this definitely features on the Top 10.
5. Vegetarian Hot Dog - I've always loved the concept of hot dog! But obviously, being a vegetarian, I could only dream of a veggie version. And when I succeeded in making this tasty and healthy hot dog with kidney beans sausage, my joy knew no bounds! (no exaggeration here!)
 6. 3 Tier Whimsical Cake - The first time, with a lot of trepidation, I made not one, but 3 tiers of cake - for my brother's birthday!
7. Pizza Pinwheels - I never knew such a dish existed. (apparently, there is) But it just came to me one day during class and I just made it. And I knew that once the creative juices start flowing, they would. A lot of experimental dishes have followed since this one. But this still remains the best invention/re-invention of mine! ;)
8. Rabri | Milk Sweet - Okay, to be honest, this is featured here only because I love the pic so much! :-)
9. Soya Tamatari - Why is this seemingly normal dish up here? Well because I wrote & re-wrote the recipe on my own! :-D I think this was a dish where I established myself as a recipe-inventor! :-)
10. Eggless Molten Lava Cake (in the microwave) - This recipe is here because of two reasons: i) For some reason, this post gets over 200 page views every single day! And ii) because this is so easy and awesomely gooey that it would be a sin not to feature it here! :-D
==============================================================
So, there you go>> the top 10 dishes according to my opinion.
Until next year, 
Signing off...
Yours truly,
Chef Kavi! ;-) :-D
Best of 2011

12 comments:

  1. Wishing you and your loved ones a happy and prosperous New Year 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. delicious looking dishes
    happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely round up..Wish you and family a very happy new year:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful review Kavi..
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just discovered your site, but all of those look delicious!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing recipes dear. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one delicious line items..:)..glad that you joined the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very glad to follow ur space .. interesting cookings ..happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's a wonderful roundup girl! I particularly love your birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...